Being at a festival is no excuse for letting your sartorial standards slip. This is especially important at Love Supreme as the site is on the south coast, not far from fashion hot-spot Brighton. As festival veterans, we thought we’d share our top tips for festival chic:
- Waterproof eyeliner: Mac do one which is made with some kind of indelible ink. It doesn’t come off. EVER. Perfect for wearing for three days straight if necessary.
- An enormous sunhat: A glamorous solution to the perennial festival problem of hiding unwashed hair, and will also keep the sun off your shoulders in the middle of a field.
- Wellies: Forget the ubiquitous Hunters and head for plastic shoe company Melissa. Their waterproof two-tone brogues are our favourites
- Clinique Airbrush concealer: Great for hiding dark circles the morning after. Alternatively, try an enormous pair of sunglasses. The bigger the better in our opinion.
- A cosy jumper: It’s Britain! You’re going to need to wrap up warm. Elizabeth Lau’s witty woollens have kept us snug on many occasions
- A camera: There is a fair chance you won’t be functioning at full capacity for the entire duration of the festival, so a camera is vital for capturing those magic moments for posterity. Also for blackmail purposes after the event, if the need arises.
But, most importantly, have fun! And don’t worry if you can’t maintain a Kate-Moss-style festival elegance for the entire duration, as we promise everyone else will be enjoying themselves far too much to notice!
The Broken Hearts